Sunday, September 8, 2013

Pumpkin Pancakes Bacon and Football Sunday

Its Sunday in September, and even if you're not a football fan, you know what that means. ALL DAY FOOTBALL. Whether you are going to a game and have already started tailgating, or are at home preparing a massive amount of foot for your friends to come over and watch the first Football Sunday of the season, you can always eat clean. Lets get a big veggie plate, kale chips, home made sweet potato fries.

Me... I like to wake up early and eat a YUMMY breakfast. Not only do I believe breakfast is the most important meal of the day but I also LOVE breakfast food. This beautiful Sunday in Asheville I made myself and a friend Protein Pumpkin Pancakes. I know people don't think of pancakes as clean eating but I can assure you... these are. Considering the ingredients (http://turtlewoman.hubpages.com/hub/Paleo-Breakfast-Moist-Protein-Paleo-Pancakes) these pancakes are not only clean eating but they are high in protein but gluten free. This was my first time making them, so my adjustments to the recipe would be to add a bit more coconut oil to the mixture to add moisture, which she suggests as an options, and my other recommendation would be to add a pinch of salt.   Otherwise the recipe is a good one and the flavor is good and pretty easy to make with not a ton of clean up.

Since I have moved to Asheville, I have noticed, people here (even the men) are not big sports fans. I have never been a diehard, and I don't plan on starting now but I have always liked having friends that are so I can at least keep up and have a reason to watch a game here and there. In my household... we decided we were going to be fans this football season and we got cable the day of the first NFL game.  This Sunday our TV, which at best used to be turn on only once a week, will now be on ALL DAY. With the pre-game Sports Center show on now and it wont turn off till after the 8:30pm Giants and Cowboys game.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe football Sunday with some clean eating and moderate beer drinking. Happy First Week of Football! Stay STRONG.




No comments:

Post a Comment