Saturday, September 7, 2013

Welcome, lets get started STRONG!

Welcome to my blog, I am Morgan, as some of you may already know.  I am Trainer in the Asheville area, looking to bring the community together by providing another avenue of getting healthy. I am going to be bring you the best information about clean eating and innovative functional exercises coupled with ways to help you get motivated and stay accountable. 

I want to start by telling you a little about myself, and why I am so passionate about health and fitness. I grew up in a family of outdoor lovers, camping and hiking every summer, with a mix of rock climbing and mountaineering there was no choice but to love every bit of it.  Growing up mostly on the west coast Morgan is a fresh excited new face to Asheville, North Carolina, having moved here in January 2013 in hopes of a change in scenery from rainy Seattle.

Through adolescence, I played competitive volleyball, which taught me the importance of functional movement, agility, and endurance. I realize through our busy schedules and movement patterns we as a society have lost most of those abilities, and have made it my goal to assist in peoples journey to a better and healthier life and lifestyle. 

My education is from NPTI (National Personal Training Institute) Seattle, where corrective and functional exercise is a strong focus. I am very passionate about fitness and nutrition, and take an approach to health that is more holistic than conventional. My belief is, to be healthy is about whole body health; mental, physical and emotional.

I choose the word STRONG to be mission; for many people, strength is something physical, being able to lift heavy stuff around. For others it might mean, the ability to run long distances. For those who are not, by deffiniton “able to perform a specified action well and powerfully” strength is something that comes from within. It is infinite and ever changing. This is the pledge of  M3 STRONG, to aid in the strength building process for everyone, no matter what it means to you. 




1 comment:

  1. I forgot to say, if you want to check out my website it is M3Strong.com there are still some minor kinks that need to worked out but any information you may want about who I am what I do and my services will be there. I hope you all can give me some good feedback and we can start a dialogue about what health/fitness/wellness mean to you.

    Be: STRONG

    ReplyDelete